Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 6: Highway Haunter!



If there is one thing I love about Ghostbusters, it's that there was never one main bad guy.

He-Man had Skeletor, The Ninja Turtles had Shredder, and Luke Skywalker had Darth Vader.

Without one definite enemy, it left the Ghostbusters world wide open to come up with creative ways to find an antagonist of any kind.

That is what I enjoy about the Highway Haunter.

It's technically a vehicle, but ghostly enough to make the countdown.


When I was younger, I had friends who liked to refer to the Highway Haunter as, "Janine's car" being that she did indeed drive a pink Bug in the Real Ghostbusters cartoon series.

I suppose it is a safe assumption to label Highway Haunter as such. I mean, sure, the color is different, but it's still a Bug emblazoned with the Ghostbusters logo, right?

What other purpose would it have?

I truly cannot imagine a simple, plain, VW Bug, without any type of ghost tracking and catching technology inside, being used for anything officially by the Ghostbusters.

It MUST be Janine's vehicle, right?

Remember, though, Janine didn't always have the best of luck when it came to the boys in grey using her vehicle, which brings me to my next point.

It's HAUNTED!


When you push a little tab on top of the seats, this big ugly dude pops up.

Looks like Murray the Mantis got into the engine block and infused himself with all kinds of wonderful mechanical parts.

Being as the Ghostbusters typically showed plenty of recklessness with Janine's vehicle, one does wonder, how exactly would you extract a ghost from the transmission without destroying the entire engine?

Janine, it looks like Egon owes you a new ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment