Thursday, October 30, 2014

3 Random Things: GB 2 Edition


I haven't done one of these for a while, so I figured it was a good time to dust off the "3 Random Things" series.

For those not in the know, I take a photo of 3 random things out of the biggest Ghostbusters collection  that you will ever see and write a little about them.

Neat, huh?

No? Oh well, read anyways.

This edition of 3 Random Things is a special one. This time we are looking at 3 Random Ghostbusters 2 Items!


1: Box of GB2 Trading cards!

While I have unopened packs and a stack of loose cards, nothing is quite as cool as a whole box of them.

A few years ago at a flea market, I ran into a guy with a box of 36 unopened packs of Ghostbusters 2 cards. 

Being the master negotiator that I am, and always looking to save a buck here and there, I scored it for $5 instead of the $6 that he had it marked at.

Where did that extra dollar saved go?

Hell if I know, but it's the small victories that matter most.


2: Vigo Lighter!

While not an officially licensed Ghostbusters item, I have a soft spot for this Vigo lighter.

Mrs. Ghostbuster got me this for my birthday last week.

I do believe she got it off of Etsy. You know, that place where stay at home moms sell home made crafts and junk? Yeah, that one.

While it's nothing more than a Vigo sticker slapped onto a 79 cent lighter, I know that when I'm in a pinch, and scrambling to find a lighter to light my smokes, I'll be in good hands with the home made flaming Carpathian.


3: Ecto 1-A model

While newer version of the Ecto 1-A model have surfaced in recent years, I was able to score a vintage model still sealed.

I'm not a fan of models, so that would explain why pretty much every Ecto model I have remains unopened.

Last time I put one together, it was such a painful process. Literally. I got pissed at something on it and kicked stuff. Kicked it so hard I nearly broke my toe. It was fun trying to walk for the next few weeks.

I vowed never to put another model together ever again.

1 comment:

  1. I was 7 for most of '97 and I remember reading about Extreme Ghostbusters in an issue of Disney Adventures magazine, I was excited at the prospect of an all new cartoon based on one of my favorite movies but sadly it only listed the channel as "syndication" and I never did figure out what time and channel to watch it was, I don't remember seeing any of the toys anywhere either.

    What I'm saying is, I don't think Extreme Ghostbusters was ever really given a fair chance.

    ReplyDelete