Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 3: Bad to the Bone



Man, I LOVE Halloween season!

It's the perfect opportunity to review these AWESOME ghosts from the various GB toy lines.

First we had Mail Fraud, and yesterday was The Hunchback monster. Today, we have none other than the Bad to the Bone ghost!!!!!


While not part of a specific series of ghosts in the Kenner toy line, the BTTB ghost came out along with the first wave of Kenner Ghostbusters toys.

He doesn't quite look like your typical skeleton, more like the skeleton of a ghost. A really dorky ghost.

Hey, let's be honest, I don't know many ghosts who have buck teeth inside of their E.T. shapes skulls.

You know what? Come to think of it, the damn thing does very closely resemble E.T.

Maybe I'm just really tired while writing this, but I'll be damned, I swear.....


Anyways, the concept of the BTTB ghost is simple, yet very freakin' awesome!

A pair of tabs on the back of the figure allow for his rib cage to open up, while he waits for the perfect opportunity to pounce on his Ghostbuster prey.


Once he latches on to the prey, said prey becomes trapped inside of a skeletal prison, where he is not likely to escape with any type of ease.

Seriously, I freakin' love this toy.

I never had one as a kid and didn't own one until a couple of years ago when I spotted it, along with a few other GB items at a garage sale.

I haven't come across another since, so, surprisingly, this is the only one I have, but it takes up a very special place in my collection.




Day 4 tomorrow. No idea what I'm going to feature yet, so I suppose we'll both be surprised. Or not.

And damn it, it looks like E.T.'s skeleton.



1 comment:

  1. Oh man this takes me back! This was one of my absolute favorite ghosts! Such a cool toy and one of my first I ever got as a wee lad.

    ReplyDelete