Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mini Traps!


Ugh, I have so many sets of these. Five of them at the very least.

Kenner's Mini Traps, much like Fearsome Flush, were stand alone toys in the Real Ghostbusters toy line, meaning they weren't tied down to a particular series such as the Haunted Humans or Monsters.

I remember when I got my first set of this. My mom and I had gone somewhere, where it was I do not recall, we'll just say the ends of the Earth because that's about how big the small town I lived in was to me in the late 80's, and when we arrived home, my dad had called from work.

Just being old enough to use the phone was a pretty cool thing. i was pretty hooked on it, to the point where I would climb up on the kitchen table, asking my mom for the numbers of anybody that I knew so that I could call them.

Anyways, my dad had asked me if I had seen what he got me.

Hell no I hadn't.


On the kitchen table, which I recall being super freakin' ugly, was a brown paper sack from Wal-Mart, because, you know, they had those back then before everybody decided to complain and be all environmentally friendly and junk.

Inside of the now defunct brown paper Wal-Mart sack were the Mini Traps!

I have always been a little more partial to the orange one being my favorite. 

I really have no reason for it, other than the horns on the top of his head that perfectly compliment his one giant cyclops eye.


I always liked to think of these as ghostly version of Venus fly traps, just chilling with their mouths open, waiting for their unsuspecting prey to make a landing.

Today we'll use Dr. Raymond Stantz as our test subject.


Ray wanders carelessly around wherever the hell he is wandering. He unfortunately forgot to bring along his Proton Pack, PKE Meter, or Ecto Goggles. He figured he wouldn't really need them where he was going. Turns out, he needs them now more than ever.

All of the sudden Ray makes ones wrong move and is snatched up by the orange mini trap.

How in the hell he didn't notice a big orange thing with teeth on the ground, I'll never know.

Able to finally pull himself free, Ray moves along. A little shaken from the whole experience, but still moving along carelessly. 


Well, for the second time, Ray, not paying attention, is swept off his feet, this time by the purple mini trap.

All Ray can do is lay there helplessly and smile.

Better you than me, Ray.

FYI, don't ever trigger these things with your finger. It hurts like hell when they snap down on you.

Before I end this, I want to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to the Montana Ghostbusters for the wonderful package they sent me! Trust me guys, it means a lot to me! You guys are awesome.  Be sure to hit them up on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment