Friday, July 11, 2014

3 Rad Ghostbusters commercials

BONUS POST!!!

I decided that since I had a little extra time this week, I would make an additional post on the page here. I haven't been doing any of that in the last few weeks, so I figured, why not?

Your bonus posting this week will feature three of my favorite Ghostbusters related commercials. I will be doing more of these in the future, at least until every Ghostbusters commercial known to man is featured somewhere here on the site.

Without me writing more, because I really don't want to (hey, at least you get this bonus post from me, I never said it would be worth a damn) let's watch 3 Ghostbusters commercials!

1: Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary Trailer!



Yes, this just came out last Thursday. The official trailer for the upcoming re-release of Ghostbusters! I know some have asked a few questions, so let me clarify what I know for a fact. The film lands in 700 theaters on August 29th. I do not have a list of theaters, but I would assume that the information will be given to us in the next few weeks. Also the film will run for one week.

What I'm not sure of is bonus footage added in. Initially I had read that it was to be included, but nothing in the trailer seems to indicate that.

Regardless, take a watch. Seriously, Sony did a hell of a job re-mastering this movie. I highly recommend that everybody see it at least twice. Let's give Sony a good turnout all week long and make their decision to fund Ghostbusters 3 a little easier.



2: Kenner Real Ghostbusters featuring the Screamin' Heroes, Wolfman, and Fearsome Flush!

                                     

I absolutely LOVE this commercial. Excellent job by Kenner to bring their toys to life!.

How could you not watch this as a child and think to yourself, "God, I wish I had playsets that looked like that." I still do. It makes me want to buy a house and fill each room with nothing but playsets from the commercials for my Ghostbusters figures to live in.


3: Ecto-Cooler


                                   

God I miss this stuff. I don't really want to get into great detail about Ecto Cooler as I am planning on talking a lot about it in the near future, but damn it was so good.

I would literally give anything to get this back. I know recipes are available online, but not matter how close or accurate they are, I want the real thing, complete with Slimer on the box.

Perhaps it's time that somebody initiates a "Bring Back Ecto-Cooler and No We Won't Stop Until We Get It" campaign., I would, but I've already set my hopes too high in life.

Anyways, there is your bonus post. Come find Mr. Ghostbuster on Facebook. It's good for you.

See you early next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment