Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas 2014

This won't be a terribly long post, as I have plenty of family things to get to, and I'm sure most of you are pretty wrapped up in your own Christmas / Holiday fun, but I wanted to take a few minutes to not only wish you all a Merry Christmas, but also to show off the neat Ghostbusters stuff I got this year!

Typically, I'm a pretty big Scrooge when it comes to the holidays. They just seem to be best left in the past when you had all the joy and wonder attached to it. As you get older, it seems to wear off, and you fill the role of gift giver and hand the role of gift getter to a younger generation.

The transition is quite hard. It's never fun knowing that your best Christmas memories are far away in the past.

However, there can still be some fun and excitement involved. Alcohol DOES help!

This year Mrs. Ghostbuster let me open one of my gifts early. And what an excellent gift it was:


Yes, FINALLY I am the proud owner of the Ghostbusters LEGO set!

This probably took me a good two hours to put together with minimal breaks. I'll admit, I'm not the best LEGO putter togetherer by any means, but the Ecto-1 was indeed a daunting task to assemble.

After spending a large amount of time putting it together, I can kind of see what the big deal is about LEGO sets. They are indeed pretty fun. 

Now I really have to stop myself from ever buying more, because I could really see myself getting highly addicted to LEGO products.

Christmas Eve was spent at my Mother In Law's. Most people dread their extended family, but I kind of like mine. They are fun people.


My Mother In Law, with a little bit of help from Mrs. Ghostbuster, nailed it this year with 3 AWESOME GB shirts. I may or may not be wearing the Stay Puft shirt as I write this.

For those who may wonder, I am pretty positive these came from the JC Penny website.

As we returned home, ready to unwind and not see or hear another child's scream for at least a century, Mrs. Ghostbuster gave me my last gift, and boy, was it AMAZING.


I am now the proud owner of a giant ass Ghostbusters logo.

My wife knew I wanted this one BAD. A friend of mine sent me a photo of it from a comic shop that is a little over an hour away from here, and Mrs. Ghostbuster had it sent to our door just in time for Christmas Eve!

It's made of thick foam, and measures close to two feet across. Looks spectacular on the wall as well. The perfect addition to the Mr. Ghostbuster HQ.

And the perfect end to Christmas of 2014.

Be sure to stop on over to the Mr. Ghostbuster Facebook page and share what you got this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment